Snyder Leadership Group and its founder, Steven Snyder, Ph. D., have earned recognition over the years for innovation, entrepreneurial endeavors, and community involvement.
• Executive Fellow in Leadership, University of St. Thomas Opus College of Business, 2010 to present
• Executive in Residence, University of Minnesota’s Center for Integrative Leadership, 2009-2010
• Distinguished guest lecturer, JRD Tata Oratory Lecture on Business Ethics, XLRI, Jamshedpur India, January 2008
Steven Snyder received the prestigious invitation to deliver a JRD Tata Oration on Business Ethics at XLRI in Jamshedpur, India, in January 2008. This event is supported by an endowment from Mr. JRD Tata of the Tata Group, India’s largest conglomerate company. The Tata Group, with more than 90 businesses operating in steel, oil and other industries, enjoys a global reputation for innovation, research and professionalism.
• Alumni of Notable Achievement Award
Awarded by the College of Liberal Arts at the University of Minnesota in January 2005 to Steven Snyder.
• 2000 World Technology Award for Commerce
In association with The Economist magazine and sponsored by Booz-Allen & Hamilton, the World Technology Award was presented for the first time ever in 1999 to Steven Snyder and colleagues at Net Perceptions for their groundbreaking work in developing collaborative filtering technology. James P. Clark, founder and chairman of the World Technology Network, said, “In the new millennium, the finalists and the winners of these awards will be the Edisons, the Fords and the Pasteurs creating the ‘ripple effects’ that will change our future.”
• Massachusetts Institute of Technology Sloan E-Commerce Technology Innovator Award
This first-ever award was presented in 1999 to Net Perceptions for demonstrating the greatest potential to further revolutionize Web-based commerce. Steven Snyder co-founded Net Perceptions and served as its CEO. “There has been an incredible amount of hyperbole generated around the concept of personalization, but Net Perceptions is one of the few companies that can actually deliver a real solution,” said Donovan Gow, research analyst at the Aberdeen Group.
• Inducted to the World Technology Network, 1999
• Baker Scholar, Harvard Business School
Steven Snyder graduated in the top five percent of his MBA class.
• PC Magazine Award for Technical Excellence, 1986 and 1987
Steven Snyder led the team at Microsoft that created and marketed its Development Tool products. They received the prestigious PC Magazine award in two consecutive years–a first for the award.
• In referring to Snyder’s role in the restructuring of the relationship between IBM and Microsoft, Bill Gates said, “There is no question in my mind that you are the person who did the most to make this happen. Clearly your long hours, hard thinking, good relationsips [sic] with the customer, encouragement to everyone involved, and management of the process were all critical to this success.” He further noted Snyder’s “patience and dedication” and called him the “hero” of the day.
For more information about Steven Snyder, Ph.D., or Snyder Leadership Group, please contact us.